Annual Meeting of the AGD 2022
Bonn and virtual, October 06-07
Topic: Genomic health and the blockchain
AGD continues with the popular hybrid format: Online and in DZNE at Campus Venusberg, Bonn".
October 06. and 07., 2022.
Exciting talks from pionieers in blockchain health applications, interdisciplinary networking, and tasty food.
Is there anything to win?
Yes! AGD doubles the poster prize once again: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1200, 800, 400 EUR or 0.03, 0.02, 0.01 BTC!
Poster submission deadline Aug. 31., 2022.
Send an email (best with your abstract) to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the web registration form below.
Preliminary program (see flyer link below for an updated version)
Thursday, October 06
- 12:00–12:45 Lunch Break and Opening of the Industrial Exhibition
- 12:45–13:00 Welcome and Opening of the Scientific Symposium
- 13:00–15:30 German NGS competence centers (session 1)
Session Chair: Joachim Schultze, DZNE, Germany
- 13:00–13:30 Shady Sayed (Dresden-concept Genome Center, Dresden)
- Efficient correction of oncogenic KRAS and TP53 mutations through CRISPR base editing
- 13:30–14:00 Joana Bernandes (Competence Centre for Genomic Analysis, Kiel)
- Precision medicine: Cell-resolved approaches to understand complex immune disorders
- 14:00–14:30 Dennis Lal (West German Genome Center, Bonn)
- Comprehensive genomic biomarker discovery in patients with common and rare epileptic brain lesions
- 14:30–15:00 Fubo Cheng (NGS Competence Center, Tübingen)
- Systematic approach to decipher gene regulatory mechanism
- 15:00-15:30 Michael Papen (comma-soft)
- Accelerate Research with FastGenomics
- 15:30–16:00 Coffee Break, Industrial Exhibition and Poster Viewing
- 16:00–17:00 Wolfgang Prinz (Vice Chair Fraunhofer FIT)
- Blockchain – more than just crypto coins
- 17:00–19:00 Blockchain in healthcare
Session Chair: Peter Krawitz, University Hospital Bonn
- 17:00–17:30 TJ Yoon (medibloc, South Korea)
- How to own your health data on the blockchain
- 17:30–18:00 David Lazerson (Briya, Israel)
- Platform for end-to-end decentralized data retrieval
- 18:00–18:30 Hartmut Schultze (Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Germany)
- Security in medical data – the next level
- 18:30–19:00 Anna Graf (Bertelsmann, Hamburg, Germany)
- NFTs democratized the art market. What about healthcare?
- 19:00–20:00 Buffet, Opening Networking Mixer (exhibitors are invited)
- 20:00–21:00 Panel discussion about blockchain applications in the clinic
- mGraf, Prinz, Lazerson, Schultze, TJ Yoon
Friday, December 7
- 9:00–11:00 AI in clinical applications (session 3)
Session Chair: Ingo Kurth, University Hospital Aachen, Germany
- 09:00–09:30 Tzung-Chien Hsieh (University Hospital Bonn, Germany)
- GestaltMatcher: Next-generation phenotyping on medical imaging data of patients with rare disorders
- 09:30–10:00 Behnam Javanmardi (University Hospital Bonn, Germany)
- Bone2Gene – AI for skeletal malformations
- 10:00–10:30 Nikolas Pontikos (Institute of Ophthalmology, UCL, London)
- Eye2Gene, Prediction of inherited retinal disease with AI
- 10:00-10:30 Jan Kirchhoff (medicalvalues, Germany)
- A software platform for diagnostic pathways and data enrichment
- 11:00–11:30 Coffee Break, Industrial Exhibition and Poster Viewing
- 11:30–13:30 Outreach and creative destruction of medicine (session 4)
Session Chair: Sebahattin Cirak, University Hospital Cologne, Germany
- 11:30-12:00 Matthias Becker (DZNE, Germany)
- How to build a good swarm experiment
- 12:00-12:30 Silvan Mertes (Chair of Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence, Augsburg)
- Explainable AI by Counterfactual GANs
- 12:30–13:00 Shahida Moosa (Stellenbosch University, Cape Town, South Africa)
- Genetics in Africa: Myths, Challenges, and triumphs
- 13:00–13:30 Ben Solomon (Clinical Director of National Human Genome Research Institute, US)
- The educational value of styleGANs
- 13:30–14:15 Oral presentations of poster prize winners 2021 and awards 2022
- 14:15–16:00 Buffet, Industrial Exhibition
- 14:45–16:00 AGD General Assembly
- 16:00 End of Meeting
- 19:00 Speakers Dinner
Download (preliminary) detailled scientific program.